Despite being heralded for its amazing AI, visual direction, and sound, the reaction to Alien: Isolation’s gameplay was much more conflicted. I felt much the same way, with 70% being the best game I had ever played, and the remaining 30% providing ample amounts of frustration. The xenomorph itself is obviously the core of the game, but what exactly does it provide that keeps the experience together?

This time around we’re looking at the San Cristobal Medical levels, to try and figure out why the xenomorph proves so fearsome, while other maps later on fall flat.

Advertisements